Trace Adkins latest act to bail on SeaWorld

Trace Adkins latest act to bail on SeaWorld

NOT SINGING AT SEAWORLD: Trace Adkins performs The Christmas Show at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on Tuesday, Dec. 17, in Hollywood, Florida. Adkins says he won't perform at SeaWorld. Photo: Associated Press/ Jeff Daly/Invision

Country star Trace Adkins has joined the list of musicians who have pulled out of a show at SeaWorld in Florida following the “Blackfish” film expose.

The hard-hitting 2013 documentary goes behind the scenes of the Orlando theme park and chronicles the treatment of orca whales held in captivity there.

The unflattering portrayal of staff and bosses has prompted many musicians to cancel 2014 appearances at the park, and now Adkins has announced he won’t be performing at the venue’s Bands, Brew & BBQ event in March, either.

A representative for the “Chrome” singer says, “Trace prefers that the focus of his performances be on music, not on controversy. Therefore, he has decided not to proceed with this show in the midst of this debate.”

Previously, Barenaked Ladies, Martina McBride, Heart, Trisha Yearwood and Willie Nelson have canceled their appearances at SeaWorld.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Cosby to be deposed in sexual abuse lawsuit


Bill Cosby was expected to testify under oath in a lawsuit brought by a woman accusing the veteran comedian of sexual abuse.

in Entertainment

OPENING WEEKEND: Biopic ‘Steve Jobs’ competes against ‘Pan,’ ‘The Walk’


Here's a look at the movies set to open nationwide this weekend.

in Viral Videos

WATCH: Soldier breaks rank to hug daughter at homecoming


Top brass at a Colorado Army post are all smiles after a 2-year-old girl interrupted a general's speech to dash across the room and hug her dad, who had just come home from a nine-month deployment.

in Entertainment

‘Ant-Man’ sequel and three more Marvel movies are coming


The superhero universe will add three more as of yet unnamed movies by 2020.

in Entertainment

Carlton says there won’t be a ‘Fresh Prince’ reboot


Alfonso Ribeiro is adamant there will never be a TV reboot of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," because no one can take the place of their "cornerstone" James Avery.